Lemon on the go!
Lemon’s nickname is Liquid Sunshine. The health benefits can be attributed to its stimulating, calming, astringent, detoxifying, antiseptic, disinfectant, anti-fungal properties and is reputed to have powerful anti-microbial activity. It can also boost energy and metabolism, uplift the mood, enhance skin quality, and disinfect surfaces.
Aroma: Lemon essential oil boasts a zesty, citrusy, and unmistakably fresh fragrance that instantly revitalises the senses. Its bright and crisp aroma carries notes of sweet and tart lemon, reminiscent of a freshly sliced lemon or a burst of sunshine on a summer day.
Uplifting: A natural mood enhancer, promoting feelings of positivity, clarity, and mental alertness.
Cleansing: A potent natural cleanser and disinfectant. It can be used to purify the air and surfaces in your home, creating a fresh and invigorating atmosphere.
Digestive Aid: Lemon oil can support healthy digestion and ease occasional digestive discomfort.
Immune Support: Rich in antioxidants and vitamin C, lemon oil can help bolster the immune system, offering protection against common illnesses.
Culinary: It's a versatile ingredient in both sweet and savoury recipes, from salad dressings to desserts.
Aromatherapy: Often diffused to improve concentration, boost energy levels, and create a cheerful atmosphere. Its bright aroma can help combat mental fatigue and lift the spirits.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- For body and face mist, add 5-10 drops of lemon oil into a spray bottle with water.
- Dilute 10-15 drops with carrier oil to use as hair and body massage oil.
- Dilute with sweet almond oil or coconut oil to minimise any skin sensitivity and rub gently on skin or scalp to help remove dead skin cells.
- During facial routine, add one to two drops to facial mask or moisturiser for healthy-looking skin and fresh amazing aroma.
- For facial steam, use 1 or 2 drops of oil in water.
- Add 10 to 15 drops in bathtub for an uplifting experience.
- Mix 15 to 20 drops of Lemon oil to 1 tablespoon Epsom salts to massage into your skin as hydration.
- Use 5-6 drops in your diffuser to create an uplifting comforting energy.
AS FOOD FLAVOUR & HEALTH SUPPORT
- Add a drop to your tea to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- Add one to two drops to your water to support a healthy metabolism.
- To flavour water add one drop in one litre of water.
- Use 1-2 drops in lemonade for the extra benefits and zing.
- Essential oils are generally considered safe for topical and aromatic use when properly diluted with a carrier oil.
- Perform a patch test on your skin to ensure there are no adverse reactions.
- These natural essential oils are used primarily for their healing properties, their subtle aroma is a bonus, not the only pursuit.
- It will take some time for natural oils to start rewarding your skin.
- It is advisable to mix essential oil with carrier oils for sensitive skin.
- It is also recommended to avoid contact with eyes, ears and others sensitive parts of the body.
- Consult with your GP or healthcare professional before using it if you are pregnant, nursing, or have pre-existing medical conditions.